Monday, May 12, 2008

Blizzard, Bellydancing, and Boys


After driving through the worst blizzard April has ever seen (see previous post) I was happy to quietly wait out the worst snowfall May has ever seen in my warm and comfy trailer, despite having no power for 13 hrs. We had approx 40 cm of snow and I guess I can feel fortunate that the only casualty was my newly set-up barn tent that was supposed to be a dry shearing area for my llamas. Actually, I was anticipating our trailer roof to cave it, the snow was so wet and heavy and just kept coming and coming. I got this picture of my new wheels the next day, which was supposed to be a studio day for me but even with my new 4x4, I didn't dare attempt the slushy mud bog our road had become, so the kids and I relaxed at home with our new friends and WWOOFers, Julie and Christelle.


We did manage to drive to my weaving demonstation at the guild on Saturday. The Rocky Learning Council hosted a great arts and crafts day at the guild complete with free childcare and I did a lunch-time demonstation of weaving and spinning. I even snuck in on a workshop and learned to knit! My needles and been clickity-clacking ever since, I love it! Christelle also won a Mother's Day bouquet doorprize and was happy that she could leave it with me (when's the last time I got flowers? they are so beautiful) There was also a bellydancing demonstration that was amazing. I think it is such an incredible artform and I was happy to discover some classes that are being offered in Sylvan and Red Deer.


We couldn't resist seeing of some of my new scarves could pass as bellydancing belts. Julie and Christelle were kind enough to model a whole bunch of new stuff for me that will soon be appearing at my Etsy store. Be sure to check out the store soon!
  • Soltice Studios Store
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Newer Post Older Post Home this is the bottom of the page