Thursday, September 04, 2008

Spinning a fantasy






I dug out some alpaca cria sliver that I've been saving for a special moment of spinning and here it is! I dyed it red (though it may look orange onscreen it is very red) and softness, lustre, and smoothness of the yarn was amazing, like spinning an erotic dream...

I suppose I could sell some of the handdyed sliver (finely combed roving) but to be honest, I really want to keep it all for my spinning self and it was expensive! $4/oz! but really worth it. I will, however, be selling some final products such as the scarf on the loom that is waiting to be finished, and possibly a matching hat... we'll see what my imagination unfurls.

Really, if I could weave lingirie, that's what this yarn should be. Impossibly light and soft and colorful! I love getting beautiful white wool cause I really do live to dye. Which is funny cause I'm a very natural colors kind of girl myself with a large portion of my wardrobe dedicated to browns and black but that's were accessories can be fun. Accents! Sometimes less is more.

Anyway, I have some fantastic projects on the go and I am very encouraged by the results so far. I've had a new wave of inspiration after having taken a bit of time away from the studio. I'll keep you in suspense to see what they are but they involve childrens clothing, oceans, felt, quiviut, and of course dye (not all together though).

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous color! Can't wait to see what kind of things your planning to make... I knew it wouldn't be dyed children tho' LOL

    ReplyDelete

Newer Post Older Post Home this is the bottom of the page